About the Company:
1. How did Reliv get started?
In 1982, Robert and Sandy Montgomery met Dr. Theodore Kalogris, who had developed an advanced nutritional formula. After taking Dr. Ted’s formula, the Montgomerys felt healthier than ever and wanted to share what they had found with the rest of the world. In 1988, the Montgomerys launched Reliv, a direct selling company with the stated mission to Nourish Our World. Dr. Ted’s formula would serve as the foundation of Reliv Classic®, the company’s first product, for which he would be granted a U.S. patent that same year. Learn more about the Reliv story.
2. How long has Reliv been in business?
Reliv International, Inc. has been operating since 1988.
3. Why are Reliv’s prices not listed on www.reliv.com?
Reliv products are available on four continents and in more than a dozen different countries. Because prices in each country vary, a consumer should contact his/her Distributor to find out the price for any given item.
4. Why do I have to purchase Reliv products through a Distributor?
Reliv International does not sell products directly to consumers. Instead, we enable Distributors to build a business and make a profit by selling the products. To maintain the integrity of our business model and ensure that our Distributors are able to build their businesses individually, the company does not sell directly to consumers, and all purchases must be made through Distributors. These Distributors provide ongoing personal, individualized service to our retail customers. If you do not have a Distributor, you can request one by clicking here
5. What kind of guarantee does Reliv offer?
Reliv offers and requires each Reliv Distributor to offer a 30-day, 100% unconditional money-back guarantee to all retail customers. Every Reliv Distributor is required to honor this guarantee. If a retail customer is dissatisfied with a Reliv product for any reason, the customer may return the product to the Distributor within 30 days for a full refund of the product purchase price.
6. What is the difference between an Independent Reliv Distributor and Reliv International, Inc.?
All Independent Reliv Distributors are independent contractors of Reliv International, Inc. They are not franchisees, joint ventures, partners, employees or agents of Reliv. Reliv International, Inc. is the corporation that develops, manufactures and markets Reliv products.
7. How can you make money with Reliv?
There are five ways to make money through Reliv's compensation plan. First, Distributors earn immediate profit, called retail profit, anywhere from 20-40% by sharing Reliv with customers. Second, Distributors can generate wholesale profit when they sponsor another Distributor and earn the difference between that Distributor’s profit level and their own. Third, as a Distributor’s organization grows, and additional overrides are created, they earn percentages through the organization’s overrides. Fourth, Reliv awards incentive travel and monthly cash bonuses for business performance. Fifth, at the Ambassador level, Distributors are paid to help others grow their Reliv businesses.
8. How much money do Reliv Distributors make?
Individual Distributors’ income will vary. Some individuals use Reliv as a source of supplemental income, earning enough money for a goal as simple as making a car or mortgage payment, for example. Others operate their Reliv business full-time as their primary source of income. As with any business, the amount each individual makes will vary.
9. Is Reliv a legitimate business?
No doubt about it! Here are the facts about Reliv:
- Publicly traded company (NASDAQ:RELV)
- Longtime and proud member of Direct Selling Association.
- Longtime member of the Council for Responsible Nutrition, where Reliv Vice Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Carl W. Hastings serves on the board
- Grade of ‘A’ on the Better Business Bureau rating scale
- Featured as a top small company in Forbes, Fortune and BusinessWeek magazines
- Manufacturing meets requirements of U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the more stringent Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration.
- 20+ year history of proven success and ethical business practices
10. What is Team Reliv?
Team Reliv is an U.S.-based initiative from Reliv International. Fitness and nutrition go hand-in-hand; that’s why this program is designed to get people moving — whether running, walking, playing racquetball or playing with the kids. The Team Reliv program also offers a 5K/10K sponsorship program, Team Reliv Fitness Club, Team Reliv Facebook page and Team Reliv workout gear.
11. What is the Kalogris Foundation?
Reliv established the Reliv Kalogris Foundation in 1995 as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization in honor of the late Dr. Theodore "Ted" Kalogris who created the nutritional formula that would become Reliv Classic®, the company's original product. When the Foundation began in 1995, the primary focus was providing products to individuals in need throughout the United States. As Distributor donations increased and news of the mission spread, the Foundation’s vision became more global. Year after year, the Foundation’s efforts have steadily grown. What began as simply supplying product to a handful of missionaries working in the Philippines has evolved into the full support of more than 270 nutrition programs in 10 countries. Today, the RKF feeds 42,000 people every day.
12. My question wasn’t answered here. How can I find an answer?
For additional questions about Reliv International, please email
About Reliv Products:
1. Does Reliv cure any cancer, diseases or other illnesses?
No. Reliv products are intended to provide balanced nutrition for a healthier lifestyle and overall wellbeing. Reliv products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Although many individuals have seen improvements in their health when consuming these products, individual results will vary. We feel that optimal nutrition is beneficial to all.
2. Can I take Reliv if I have a medical condition?
Anyone with a medical condition should always seek the advice of a medical professional before beginning a nutritional program. It’s also a good idea for anyone under a doctor’s care to have his/her physician evaluate Reliv products to ensure the products conform to any current dietary program.
3. I am allergic to certain foods. Can I still take Reliv?
Before starting on any nutritional program, you should read the label to find out if there are any ingredients to which you are allergic. If you are unsure if you should consume Reliv products, you should contact your physician.
4. Why do Reliv products contain soy?
Studies continue to illustrate the many benefits of soy as a superfood:
- A study shows that consumption of a wide variety of soy products is associated with reducing the risk of developing the lung disease COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and other respiratory symptoms. The flavonoids in soy foods may act as an anti-inflammatory agent in the lung.
- Soy isoflavones can lower diabetes and heart disease risk. Eating soy foods has been shown to lower cholesterol, decrease blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance in people with diabetes.
- In postmenopausal women, the phytoestrogens in soy may slow bone loss. In addition, many soy foods are high in calcium and contain magnesium and boron, which work together with calcium for better bone health.
- New studies show that soy may help reduce cancer risk — including breast cancer risk in premenopausal women.
- Soy also helps improve mood, memory and other mental functions in women and men.
5. Can I take Reliv while I am pregnant or nursing?
We have testimonials from many women who have consumed Reliv’s essential nutritional products before, during and after their pregnancies with excellent results. In fact, most report easier pregnancies and faster recovery while getting balanced nutrition from the products. However, you should show the products to your physician for approval before starting a Reliv regimen during pregnancy.
6. I eat healthy foods. Why should I supplement?
Unfortunately, even if you’re eating right, you’re still probably not getting enough vitamins and nutrients from your diet for optimum health. Many of today’s foods don’t pack the nutritional punch they did years ago. According to a report published in the Journal of HortScience, the average vegetable found in today’s supermarket is anywhere from 5% to 40% lower in minerals (including magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc) than those harvested just 50 years ago.
The decline is attributed to modern crops being harvested faster, giving them less time to absorb nutrients, and the use of fertilizers that may interfere with a plant’s ability to take up nutrients. That’s why nutritional supplements are so essential to maintaining health and vitality. In 2002, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) began advising all adults to take multivitamins to help prevent such common chronic illnesses as cancer, heart disease and osteoporosis.
“Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. It appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements,” according to the statement in JAMA. Physicians are paying attention. Did you know that 72 percent of physicians personally use dietary supplements? Obviously, supplementing is an ideal road map for health.
Reliv nutritional supplements are not considered a food item, nor should Reliv nutritional supplements be consumed instead of food. Reliv nutritional supplements are meant to enhance one’s overall wellbeing by providing optimal levels of nutrition in addition to the foods they eat.
7. How can I find out nutritional information about individual Reliv products?
The nutritional panel of every Reliv product is available online for every Reliv country. Select individual products under the "Products" tab to view a benefit sheet, ingredient list and any patents or studies.
8. Are Reliv nutritional products regulated by the FDA?
Yes. The dietary supplement industry is regulated by the FDA. The FDA has regulatory authority under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act as amended in 1994 by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) and in 2006 by the Dietary Supplement and Nonprescription Drug Consumer Protection Act. (Source: Council for Responsible Nutrition)
Each individual dietary supplement company is responsible for determining that the dietary supplements it manufactures or distributes are safe and that any representations or claims made about them are substantiated by adequate evidence to show that they are not false or misleading. This means that dietary supplements do not need approval from FDA before they are marketed. (Source: Food and Drug Administration)
Reliv goes even further in maintaining the highest integrity and standards by being a member of the Council for Responsible Nutrition. The CRN, founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. CRN companies produce a large portion of the dietary supplements marketed in the United States and globally. In addition to complying with a host of federal and state regulations governing dietary supplements, the CRN’s manufacturer and supplier members also agree to adhere to voluntary guidelines for manufacturing, marketing and CRN’s Code of Ethics. (Source: Council for Responsible Nutrition)
Reliv manufactures its nutritional products in near-pharmaceutical conditions.
9. What is the shelf life of Reliv powdered nutritional products?
After the products are opened, they are effective for up to 6 months if stored with the lid on in a cool, dry place. However if not stored under these conditions the product will deteriorate more quickly.
For unopened cans, the Reliv products hold a 24-month shelf life. A “best before” date is printed on the bottom of each can.
10. Are Reliv products all-natural?
Reliv products are not considered whole foods, organic or all-natural. The products are classified as dietary supplements and not food. Reliv uses both natural and synthetic ingredients, therefore the products are not considered 'whole foods'. We use synthetic ingredients to increase the potency or stability and to standardize the amount of nutrients per batch. All of the ingredients contained in the Reliv products are considered safe for human consumption by the FDA. We purchase them in powdered form from leading food ingredient companies and formulate them into finished products. Each ingredient is accompanied with a Certificate of Analysis and meets strict Reliv specifications.
11. Are Reliv products vegetarian, kosher or lactose-free?
Reliv Now® and Reliv Classic® are both vegetarian, certified Kosher and Halal, ideal for those with lactose intolerance, and contain no animal compounds, artificial preservatives or trans fat. For a list of ingredients in Reliv products, please visit individual product pages under the "Products" tab on our website.
12. Are Reliv products patented?
GlucAffect®, Innergize!®, Arthaffect®, ReversAge®, FibRestore®, Cellebrate® and GlucAffect® are currently under U.S. patents. The first Reliv Classic® patent was issued in 1988 and has since expired. In order for an invention to be patented, the U.S. patent laws provide that it must (A) have utility and (B) be novel and non-obvious over the prior art. The U.S. Patent Office substantively examines patent applications to ensure that patents are issued only for inventions that satisfy these legal criteria.
13. Why does it say “proprietary blend” on the supplements facts section of my Reliv product label?
The term “proprietary blend” refers to our secret recipe of optimum ingredients. Dr. Theodore Kalogris and Dr. Carl Hastings spent years perfecting optimal mixtures of ingredients in Reliv products. These mixtures are what make our products effective. The mixtures make our products unique, so we call them proprietary.
14. Does Reliv source soy or any other ingredients from Monsanto?
No. Reliv has never done any business with Monsanto.
15. My question wasn’t answered here. How can I find an answer?
For questions about Reliv products or ingredients, please email